Wednesday 17 February 2010

Dreaming of Spring

With the exception of a few pieces in my wardrobe, Winter clothes bore me. Even if you have a fab outfit, it's going to be covered up by layers of wooly coats. We walk around for months looking like sherpas on our way up the mountain rather than the gorgeous examples of womanly-ness that we are. This Winter has been particularly harsh for most of us, what with record-snowfalls and treacherously icey conditions. It's been better to just stay inside and wait for Spring. Whether I wanted to or not, that's the position I've been forced to take since I fell on the ice last month. Hopefully when the warmer weather shuffles in, I will be able to take to the streets in my platforms once again. Meanwhile, I can dream of the lovely pieces we'll all want to be wearing this Spring.




Chanel's clogs are just adorable. Alexa Chung has been snapped wearing them in Vogue. In an interview recently however, she confessed that they are nearly impossible to walk in. I'm hoping a high-street designer will make a more wearable version. Perhaps with an ankle strap to make them more stable.



Missoni's designs for this Spring are still holding my attention. The eat-me-up pastels and romantic layering is just divine. The mix of textures, a delight to the senses. I could live in these clothes until next Autumn.














Versace's Sandal-Boots were shown at their recent NY AW'10 show but I think they're best suited for Spring-wear. They're to-die-for and this orange sherbet colour is more than yummy. I'm so glad designers are still experimenting with alternative boot designs. The peep-toe boot should go down as one of the most ingenious fashion trends of the century.





Shopping  and Fashion






Top Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment