Tuesday 16 March 2010

Spring is in the Air!

I can smell it in the breeze, Winter has packed its bags and is walking out the door. What an unruly master he's been this year! Finally, the crocuses and daffodils have danced up into our world. Everything's feeling the change and I can't wait a minute longer to shed the wool and adorn myself in Spring colours. This time of year always reminds me of the shopping trips my mother and I took to find the perfect Easter outfit. A new frock, shoes, hat, gloves, patent shoes, tights, and a slip all had to be sourced. I still am driven by the "new dress for Easter" urge. There are so many pretty frocks on the racks right now and Topshop has once again taken all my Easter dress funds. I went for the off-the-shoulder 'Flute' dress in lilac and the crocheted cardigan along with the cream punch-out belt. I've got tights, taupe platforms and nude flats at the ready but the grey boots I've ordered from River Island (similar to the ones below), slouchy knee socks and a long cardigan will dress it down for more casual days.



Don't you think flats look better with a bit of bling? Shoe clips are ingenious little things that can make a pair of £5 ballet flats look like they stepped off the catwalk. If you can, make your own, there are a million possibilities. You can use two matching brooches or "Anywhere Clips" by Tarina Tarantino, clip earrings, silk flowers and bows, so many things! You'll need to modify them with special clips to make them secure and comfortable. Clips can be found here (USA) for $1 each:
http://www.beadstudio.com/catalog.php?p=9578

and here (UK) where you can get 100 for £9.66!
http://www.lightfindings.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=3_42&products_id=346

Here are some ideas to get you going...


Have a wonderful time finding your perfect Easter dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment