Saturday 20 March 2010

In Praise of the Parka

Fashion born of necessity? Perhaps. It’s that awkward time of year when it’s too warm to wear a woolly coat but too chilly to got out with just a cardi. Who wants to wear their tired old winter coat anymore anyway? A cotton parka is the perfect cover-up for right now. They were all over the catwalk at the SS10 shows proving they're not just for boot camp anymore. Aquascutum put them over maxi skirts and dresses.



Emma Cook’s frilly dresses are the perfect contrast for her charcoal parka.


Future Classics’ parka concealed a racy catsuit.


I was sceptical at first but when I tried one on with a girly dress I was sold. I’ll be wearing my army green cotton parka over jeans, dresses, leggings and minis.
Here are a few ways to wear the old-is-new-again military parka.

No comments:

Post a Comment